• In the Spotlight:

Pregnant at almost 48?

A friend of my mom's is pregnant at that age. What do you think of it? I'm okay with it but she said she was having doctors jumping on her for it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ehh. i am not all for it.... when the kid is older and wants to run around and play she may be too old... also having a child when you are that old puts the baby at high risks for problems.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• That's wrong. I'm sorry. She's too old.
    Anonymous

• if she is healthy and can deal with it and give the child everything they need than hey good for her
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i dont think its too old, but then again i dont really care what adults do because they can make their own decisions :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think it depends on her health... She needs to be in good enough condition to play with the child, run around, and not get too tired out. A child's a lot of work, as long as she can handle it all with no problem, then good for her.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 3:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Congratulations to her. Who cares what anyone thinks. Babies are wonderful. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Just so you people know. I posted this question anon because her mom didn't want a bunch of people to know, not to cut anyone down. I just wanted opinions.
    Anonymous

• I think it's too old. The chance in a woman that age for having a baby with down syndrome SKY ROCKETS to 1in 16 and for Chromosomal abnormality 1 in 7. I just don't think it is worth that high risk. But I would congratulate her regardless and wish her luck. =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2009