Anyone else?

Ok I don't get it. I try to make friends but it doesn't work. I have one friend only one, I love her don't get me wrong but I feel like maybe one day she will get bothered with me and I would like more. All through my life I have only had just one actual friend. When I worked sure I had people who would talk to me and say they wanted to hang out but that never happend. I have had them tell me if I had texting they would talk to me, but they don't. I have put my self out there and try to 'court' these people and not come on to strong and it is the same old story 'sure we should hang out.'...never happens. It actually makes me kinda sad. Is it me? Am I the only one who only has one friend and can't find another? Sorry just ranting. I had another possible friendship die today...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• It's hard when everyone has such busy lives. Maybe you should try joining a book club or another type of group that shares your interests. Like quilting club, ceramic, a pool league, bowling team, etc.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I have a hard time finding female friend. I get along better with guys.

Answer by louise2 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• all my friends are online... seriously, I don't 'hang out' with anyone but my dh and kids and i don't know anyone else well enough to even want to hang out with them. My BFF from High School lives on the other side of the country and we haven't seen each other in like 8-9 years but she is still my BFF and always will be :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Well, I am a cautious person. I have one very close friend and three other very good friends. After college it is very hard to make friends. People seem to have an agenda. Just try joining some activities that you enjoy.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I've only had one close friend since high school and she moved away about 2 years ago and stopped calling me about 8 months ago. Still no idea why and I gave up caring. We'd been friends for years, had babies around the same time (she's even my son's Godmother!), etc. Whatever. About a year ago I made another friend, not as close but we'd talk on the phone, etc. Then she moved away for a few months and recently moved back. It's nice to have someone to talk to again but she's a bit younger than me, is single, no kids, etc. and has a butt ton of other single kid-less friends here sooooo yeah. I'm definitely not a priority lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• there are a lot of good responses here. have you heard of www.meetup.com? Check out this site. It's where people with similar interests meet at certain places and do whatever they are interested it. They are all strangers coming together but that might be a way. For example, if you liked pottery or hiking, you'd meet the group and do these things. Anyway, you'll eventually meet a friend when the time is right. Just be cool.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• lol. Just be cool. I thought I was, but I love that comment :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2013