How do you moms do this?? *update*

I still feel like hell, temp is at 103.8, throat hurts, especially when I cough, it actually hurts to talk, my chest feels like its on fire!! My dd is feeling LOTS better!!! Her fever is gone, she is playing and she is eating. She still has a slight cough. But I still feel like shit! I actually hallucinated last night when my fever reached 105 at 4am this morning! I have nobody to call to come help. DH is at work, and will not let him come home early. How do you single moms do this when you are sick as a dog and have a active child??? All I want to do is sleep!

sick

I had  pneumonia, and it sucks. Its very painful to breathe! And talk, to the great pleasure of my husband,. I got admitted to the ER went to our urgent care clinic. I started coughing and I couldn't breathe when i tried to tell my doc what was wrong, he became quite alarmed when my O2 stat went to 85, and I almost pass out. So he sent me to the ER to be admitted, and I tell you what, it took 4 hours before they got me a bed! The flu has hit hard and fast here! Thats what I started with, the flu then it went into  pneumonia. But not a 100% yet, but I got some good drugs for pain! Woooohoooo!

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Health

• How do you single moms do this when you are sick as a dog and have a active child???

we do exactly what you are doing when your husband is at work- do it on your own
    same, but husband just never comes home
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• hope your fever breaks tonight
    feel better
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• We take some tylonol. Go lay on the couch so we can keep an eye on the kids and hope we do not have to get up to much. Pray for it is bed time.

Answer by louise2 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Cry. DH was sick real bad and his job called him at home , he got worse and is still sick now. Can your DH take time off. ? Do you have a nurse that can come and check on you both. Hope you feel better soon
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Do you have any dayquil? if not have your dh pick some up on the way home, dayquil and Nyquil so you can take some Nyquil tonight and go to bed and hopefully sleep better tonight and wake up feeling better tomorrow. I know its hard but you'll get through this hopefully :(
    (((HUGS)))
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I just pop a shit ton of meds & do the least I can lol..
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Pop some meds and chill on the couch. He can get his own breakfast and lunch and dinner are whatever is easiest for me to deal with. It sucks but you will get through it. Hope you feel better soon!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I couldn't. I'm such a baby when I'm sick and I'm thankful my son is in school during the day!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Oh and how rude of me. I hope you feel better soon!
    maecntpntz219

• Ugh you have it too :(.

The worst was when I was sick, the kids were sick, a d ,y husband was deployed. I had to take care of them but I had to take care of me too.

Feel better.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2013