I HATE CABLE COMPANIES!! (Let's vent) adult content

I started new service with a new company last month and was charged and $80 one-time fee for installation. Bullshit, but whatever, I paid it. I get this month's bill and there's a $50 "ONE TIME FEE PART 2" WTF! Hell no. So I call and bitch and the bitch on the phone bitches back so I ask to speak to a manager. She huffs and puffs (so ignorant) and puts me on hold. Comes back and said "My manager noticed a mistake on your bill and you shouldn't have been charged twice. NO SHIT SHERLOCK! So the refunded it. Whether it was an actual mistake or not, how freaking ignorant to charge me for some bullshit like PART 2 of a ONE TIME FEE and then try to justify it. UGGGHHH.

Thanks for letting me vent. Nobody around for me to tell in person. Anybody wanna get anything off their chest?

(PS - I think we need a new CM category called "I'm Just PMSing")

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Time for a drink! lol :p  Our stupid cable company is battling w/ the Fox network right now, so we can't even get Fox until a court sorts it all out!  Ironically, the cable co. says it's b/c Fox wanted more $.  The cable doesn't think that's fair, but yet they can raise our rates whenever they feel like it AND we're still paying the same price for less right now!  Give me a break! Ugh! Thanks I feel better now :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• LOL, I would LOVE that category.

So I had to exchange a book I bought because I already had it. Get home with the new book and realize I already have it as well. UGH! I swear I am losing it. Plus, after I called and they assured me they had it, I went to get my books for class today and they didn't have any left. Seriously, I called 45 min before I got there and she said they had plenty left in stock and not to worry about it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• LOL, I used to work at the call center for Charter, so yeah... I get it. The thing you have to keep in mind is that the person who answered the phone DID NOT charge you, the company did. Oh, man, I got called names I've never even heard of before.... I hated every minute of it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• well i'm glad they took it off but I honestly think that's just how they make money, a LOT of people don't question things like that and just pay the bill! We just have Dish Network but our bills have been steadily going up for the last couple years so I think we're gonna look into something new when we move, dh wants to bundle and hopefully get faster internet but we'll see :P

Um venting... Yeah I had JUST fallen asleep with ds on the couch and my phone rang all the way across the room and I had to drag myself up to go answer it. It was dh and he needed me to check something on his computer cause he is out on an onsite right now but none of the passwords he was giving me were working and he was getting all huffy like it was MY fault! I was like WTH, this is YOUR job not mine :P of course i was still 1/2 asleep too... lol
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• My husband works for a cable company and he HATES it too!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 6:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Funny thing, cable was always meant to be FREE because the advertisers (commercials) were suppose to pay to keep that stuff on the air. Oh how times have changed.

PS I don't have cable anymore because it got too damn expensive.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Oh & if you want to start that new group I bet you will get a ton of members- me included! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I hate them all, cable, phone companies, electric companies, all of them. LOL THere always seem to be some bullshit new fee that comes up. Or some new tax increas on the bills. Its like a never ending battle. I have pretty much just turned into one of those people who just pay the bill and move on. As long as the bill is around the same amount each month and not some outrageous difference, i dont even look at the breakdown of things cause i know i will see something that will just piss me off. LOL
    It seems like when i tried to call any of the companies and ask questions, i always got some foreign person who couldnt understand english and didnt understand the question i was asking anyways. Just another one of there tactics i think the swendle people.
    So bottom line is i HATE them all, but i want the satellite, and i want the phones and all the other crap, so i just pay there stupid fees.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 6:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• If it makes you feel any better dish companies are no better. I switched to AT&T over a $5.00 over charge. I know stupid, but it was the point they wouldn't correct it.    AT&T left me with no Internet, phone, or TV for a month. Yep feel better now. I spent hours on my cell phone getting everything fixed. I'm too scared to switch again, at least for awhile.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• My hubby just had this problem while on the phone with our cell phone carrier. The "agent" on the transposing numbers between past due amount and total amount due. My hubby had the bill in front of him, so knew the guy was full of shit. 5 separate time he asked the agent where he was getting his numbers from. 5 separate time the agent told my husband that he was misunderstanding.

SAY WHAT!!!????

You don't accuse either of us of misunderstanding you when we catch you in a lie. How freaking hard is it to say: "I'm sorry, I got those numbers mixed up, the correct information is ________"????
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2013