My 10 yr old wanted to bring a male friend to dancing school to watch.

I said no, it isn't appropriate. Do you see any other boys there? - This 5th grade boy, who is a friend of her Mom's son, already asked my goddaughter if she wanted to 'go out'. She did say no. The dance studio is small and I don't sit there the two hours myself! Am I being old fashioned over here?

godmother30702

Asked by godmother30702 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Friends yes but dating no. I think it would be ine. My daughters best friend in lower school was male.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I don't see a problem with it either. They're ten.. ten year olds should be able to be friends without inappropriateness.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Well it seems a little strange to me. OK if he genuinely wants to dance (boys should be encouraged) but not if he gets his kicks watching girls dance. like louise2 says it sounds like a dodgy situation for a 10 year old boy to be in.
    stace101

Answer by stace101 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• whats wrong with it? My DD has a boy in her dance class. People are so damn paranoid on the shit, they need to get over themselves.
    I guess daddy, brother and male figure in her class should go watch her dance ever.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• so louise... would it be wrong for him to go to a recital or is that different some how....?
    Anonymous

• I am with you on this. 10 is to young to start this. A boy sitting their watching a bunch of girls dance in front of him. Sounds like a young mans strip club to me.. I wouldn't

Answer by louise2 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I don't see a problem... I mean, is this an inappropriate dancing class? lol. What do you not want him to see!?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I don't see the problem

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I am confused. The 10 year old in question is male or female?

I am getting the idea the child is female and wants to bring a male.
    I do know that many dance classes enccourage girls to bring boys because so few participate HOWEVER if you are not going to be there the whole time I would say no to hime being there unsupervised.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Uh, yeah. He wants to show his friend what they can do. I don't see the problem. Who cares if the kid's male or not?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2013