Childhood vaccinations?

Do you vaccinate your child? Why or why not? My children are behind on shots and go tomorrow to get the ones they missed and I'm just in the middle on if I really believe children should get them or not... :/

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

• My child is vaccinated against everything most kids are vaccinated against. I don't know anyone who is not vaccinated (at least not that I know of) and I don't know anyone who has ever had issues from vaccinations (at least not that I know of). I was vaccinated without issue. So I wasn't worried about what "could" happen with vaccinating. With that said, he hasn't gotten a flu shot since 2010 but no real reason.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I've always been vaccinated as well and I've had my kids vaccinated up until last summer when I started having issues with it, I don't know just flip flopped lol.
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• My kids are vaccinate because I did my research and I believe it is the right thing to do. I was more interested in how vaccines create herd immunity and protect and potentially eradicate diseases. I know there are people who strongly disagree with me but to be honest I found all kind of information, statistics and stories on both sides of the fence. I just happened to have picked the pro-vaccination side. That is the one that made the most sense to me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Though in retrospect I wish I had done delayed vaccines.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• My kids get vaccinated on the normal schedule for vaccines. I want to do all I can to protect them and keep them safe. I live in a state were a LOT of parents do either a modified vaccine schedule, or don't vaccinate at all. I think it is grossly irresponsible of them to do that. To me, they are putting their kids, and the kids' classmates at risk for no real reason.

I have a neighbor that has vaccinated her oldest, half vaccinated her second and refused to vaccinate her youngest two. She swears up one side and down the other that vaccine cause autism. Her second is on the spectrum. She also does some radical diet restrictions for all her kids, but wonders why they're always sneaking food and not following it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Yes,my son has been vaccinated for them all

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• yeah by delayed I mean break them up so they aren't getting 3-4 at a time. We do 2 at a time max now and go back for the others in 6 months. I wish I had done that all along.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• My boys are vaccinated fully, except for the flu shot, which we only got one time, and Gardasil. IMHO, the benefits far outweigh the risks and many of the arguments from anti-vaxers are based on pseudoscience and distortion of facts.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• My kids are Vax'ed b/c I did my research. Working in a medical field I had an idea of how the analyse the info so as not to get sucked in by the propaganda both sides puts out there. There are MANY factors that lead me to the desision to vax, but the biggest is that the vaccinations my children were given have been time tested over many years and I feel comfortable that they are safe & effective. We do not do the flu shot b/c the formula changes every year therefore it is not time tested for side effects, etc. That is also why we will not do the HPV vax... not until it's been out there for enough years for them to gather the data to prove it is safe.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Mine all are vaccinated. I skipped the rotavirus one when my son was a newborn because it had just come out. I'm not doing Gardasil. After this flu outbreak and how sick my kids got, they will be getting flu shots eat year.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2013