Do you pay attention to how much info you put out there?

Meaning, do you answer all the questions asking for seemingly trivial things like your first name, middle name, what year you graduated, what kind of car you drive, what's your local news headline...in other words, info that's mostly harmless on it's own, but over time accumulates to direct someone to you or your children, in person, in some cases on a first name basis?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in About CafeMom

• nope, those questions like a good friend said today seem STALKERISH
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Lately I've tried to be much more cognizant of what I put out there for just the reasons you've listed. It seem innocuous at first sight but, as you add more and more information, a picture starts to form. You end up being two pieces of information away from being able to Google stalk someone
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I am much better about not answering questions like that now. Unfortunately I wasn't always this careful so I am sure some of it is still out there in cyberland.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• ditto- kmath
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I have had a few people say things to me on here. That makes me think they either are writing everything I say down. Or they know me IRL. Using a fake profile so I do not know who they are. Or they know my DD's.
    My thinking is. How do you know I am telling the truth? You don't do you.

Answer by louise2 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• admittedly im not very careful when it comes to internet privacy. i think i had a picture up for the longest time of my ex husband and i, he had his military uniform on and you could see his last name tag. whoops. im pretty sure ive taken it down... better go check! i think ive gotten somewhat better about those kinds of questions. i didnt answer the "whats your first name" one today, so that's a start right? lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• oh jeez, it was still up. well its gone now lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I'm okay about it, but I suppose I could be better.
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 8:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Sometimes NP you seem stalkerish to me. I find you scary because you always have this type of information on how to find things like this. It's weird, KWIM?

Anonymous

• It would freak me out if someone came uo to me on the street and said Hey Louise I know you from Cafemom.

Answer by louise2 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2013