Baby Daddy Problems.....

Okay my babys daddy is supposed to take her for then weekend because we had an agreement that he'd take her every other weekend but then he tries to come up with some dumb excuse of why he can't take her when he's supposed to. What should I do?

Native_Mommy253

Asked by Native_Mommy253 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• say fine next week you dont get her either
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If he doesn't want her, I would not force it.If you force it, thru court or something then you have to worry he isn't being good to her, kwim?I foyu are not worried about him being mean/jerky to her and she will be safe, then take him to court to get it ordered but that is nearly impossible to do as you will have to prove he did it with malice.I guess just tell him from now on when he can have her and if he doesn't show up just do the best you can.This tough and sorry you are dealing with such a jerk.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I don't think you can force him to take her and you wouldn't want him to have her if he doesn't want her. Just document all the times he doesn't show and be prepared in the future because Im sure it will ruin your plans alot. Love your child and cherish the extra time with her.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If my baby's daddy didn't want her on his weekends I would say fine. I wouldn't push the issue.
    Jackiebabe1

Answer by Jackiebabe1 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I know from experience how frustrating this can be, you make plans then he decides he has something more important to do than take your child and you have to change plans. Do not trade weekends unless you think it is a good reason, just say fine guess she will see you in 2 weeks. Document when he doesn't take her and when he tells you he isn't going to if he is canceling more than taking her go back to court and try to change the visitation.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Okay thank you all. I really appreciate it cuz he's been doing this since she was born and she's 18 mos.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Keep her and tell him that you are glad to spend the extra time with her!!
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 9:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2009