Does anyone have any diet tips?!

I'm not a very healthy eater, I will admit. I've never been on a diet in my life!! But now that I'm a mommy I have the same problem most mommies complain about! The belly that never went away after months of delivering the baby!i don't care too much about what size I wear all I want is to feel more energized and healthy! And to show my son to eat healthy also. Any tips please will be very helpful!

1stTimeMomofOne

Asked by 1stTimeMomofOne at 9:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• You are like most of us, deep down we know how to lose weight, it's just so hard to do. You can go several ways.... exercise a lot or seriously cut down on your calorie intake. I had one Dr. recommend that when you sit down at the table, you only eat 17 bites. Chew those bites... your whole meal should take 20 minutes. He explained how we, as Americans, eat so bad compared to other countries. It's because we use food as something fast that we need to fill us up, not as a social time..... when it's social, we can take the time we need to eat well and socialize with family. It makes sense.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I've lost over 100 lbs eating clean, which is all about eating real foods and developing healthy habits for life.  You can click here to read my journal with the basics.

I have one here with the whole story of what worked for me.  No gimmicks, just time, hard work, eating real foods and exercise.

Good luck!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• First you stop thinking that you need a diet. What you need is to change the way you're eating. A diet is just a quick fix and the weight comes back (and then some) if you don't make some real changes to what and how you're eating (and exercising).

Good luck!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2013

• I agree with changing your mindset from dieting to being healthy. Dieting sounds more like a punishment for one and like something you have to DO versus something you want to BE. If you want to be healthy, then do what a healthy person most likely does, such as balancing food in moderation, exercising daily and treating food as nourishment & to remove emotional association from food. Create healthy habits and it will become your lifestyle in no time. Start with a commitment to some exercise each day without focusing too much on how much time you should take. Once you get started, time won't even matter. Make it habit to put on exercise clothes each day and once it's on, you'd feel silly not to do some exercise. Other tips: limit fried foods, more variety of fruits and veggies, eat only whole grains or brown rice for starch since it's more filling, swap out butter for olive oil and margarine, being more social makes you active
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Cardio is the best for weight loss and firming up. Walk, run, dance, stairs, etc. The key is to make it fun. Maybe invest in some rollerblades, a hula hoop, aerobics dvds, a bike and some light weights or velcro arm and ankle weights. Pump up energetic music, turn on some disco lights, get the family involved and have a good time. Dance dance revolution game and Wii sports are also good, fun ways to work out.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Look at your plate divide it in half - that half should be full of vegetables (steamed - no butter) the other half of your plate should be divided in half - grains and 4 oz of protein
    Also, you might try eliminating dairy from cows or goats. Use Coconut or Almond milk and cheese. Good luck.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Hello there,

I agree with you that a healthy diet is immensely important for weightloss. We all desire to eat healthy food to maintain good health. I think a raw food diet is a healthier option for our body, although most food is not eaten raw; there are different ways that people follow a raw food diet.

Most people who follow a raw food diet are vegan. Some consume raw animal products such as raw milk, sashimi andCarpaccio.

Mainly, for veggies, plant based products provide all the health.So we should choose foods that are natural and have many plant based ingredients, like in US, I came across Sheffa Foods products which don’t contain any isolated nutrients to boost the nutrient profile and so their products remain natural and healthy too.
    fiona868

Answer by fiona868 at 8:33 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Hi,
    Lovely question.
    Diet is important for health.Healthy diet is important for weight loss.
    1.Drink More Water.
    If water were a food, it would be a superfood. It helps digestion, promotes clear skin, acts as an appetite suppressant, and even prevents heart disease, among many other benefits
    2.Eat a variety of nutrient-rich foods.
    You need more than 40 different nutrients for good health, and no single food supplies them.
    3.Maintain a healthy weight.
    The weight that's right for you depends on many factors including your sex, height, age and heredity. Excess body fat increases your chances for high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, some types of cancer and other illnesses.
    4.Eat regular meals.
    Skipping meals can lead to out-of-control hunger, often resulting in overeating.
    Thanks.......
    Larrybrown

Answer by Larrybrown at 2:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2013