can i continue breast feeding my baby after a break of 3 nights + 2 days

minibaby

Asked by minibaby at 11:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

• Depends on if you continue to pump while you are away from your baby and how old the baby is.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Yes. Even if you have started drying up, most people can relactate very easily after a break that short!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Yes. Even if you didn't pump, though it may be harder. By the way, if you stopped for a medication, you likely need to spank your doctor. Most meds are safe.

Go put baby to breast! Start there. And drop by the Breastfeeding Moms group here on CafeMom. We've helped plenty of moms get back to breastfeeding.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• It doesnt hurt to try!
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 11:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• i have to say it is hard to keep the supply up. Pump, pump, pump. is what ive been told. Also mothers milk tea and fenugreek pills. good luck
    candicemoss

Answer by candicemoss at 1:20 AM on Jan. 17, 2013

• I would recommend pumping or hand expressing during that time. If you cannot nurse due to meds then dump it. If it is due to seperation only then save the milk. I had to travel several times while my little ones were still nursing and I pumped. Now I already pumped at work so I was used to it. Even if you cannot do that though it is still possible to put the child to breast when you can and continue to nurse.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2013