Is it possible that my due date could be off as much as 4-5 weeks?

By all normal calculations I should be in my 10th week. However, at my first sonogram ~8wks, it showed that I was not that far along. The Dr had me check my HCG levels that Wednesday and Friday. Everything doubled normally. I just went back yesterday for a follow up and the Dr didn't see what he would have liked. I have another blood test today and a hi-resolution sonogram scheduled for Tuesday. He is worried about a missed miscarriage, but I have no bleeding, cramping or back pain. As a side note I do not have a regular cycle it ranges anywhere from 30 to 40 ish days. My LMP was Nov 4, 2012, my last neg HPT was Dec 18 and my first pos HPT was Dec 24. Could I have found out I was pregnant very early?

wnabbott

Asked by wnabbott at 8:05 AM on Jan. 17, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Since you do not have a regular cycle it is a very inaccurate way to calculate your pregnancy. I was still nursing my little one and had a very irregular cycle so the midwife used the first ultrasound to date my pregnancy and I delivered 5 days before my due date. With my first I was charting and knew when I ovulated and delivered 10 days before my due date the first time. I would personally be basing my due date off what that first ultrasound said and go from there. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jan. 17, 2013

• yep,it can be that far off
    They thought I was farther along when I went in for my ultrasound- they were thinking 9 weeks- but I actually 6 weeks (like I thought)

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2013