Should old be people be allowed to talk on a cell phone while driving?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE old people. I think that most of them are wonderful, and I will always be the first person to help them out any way I can, but yesterday this car pulls up in front of me and almost made me slam into it. I pass it (I didn't honk because I figured it probably was an older person and I think honking is so rude) and I looked in the car, and sure enough it was an old man (? in his 70's ?) and he is talking on his cell! I think most people shouldn't talk and drive, but older people? I think that was just crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Old people shouldn't be allowed to drive, ESPECIALLY while talking on the phone.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 3:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Nobody should drive and talk on the phone at the same time. It's against the law here, NY. But I get your point, and they probably don't need any extra distractions like that!
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 3:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• LOL Hell no just like they sould not still be driving after 70yr old lol
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 3:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i think there should be an age cut of where you cant drive cuz i know the older people around here have no business being on the road
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• In our state it is against the law for anyone to talk on the phone and drive. Regardless of age. To answer the question, no, I don't feel old or any age should be allowed to.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I actually think it is kind of cool that he was using a cell phone (not driving while using it though). Can you imagine, it won't be long before old people are texting and driving LOL. Then we better watch out!
    Anonymous

• I think people should have to be retested yearly after 65! The cell phone thing annoys me in NY we have the handsfree law- just get an earpiece and you are legal and it is the same as talking to someone in the car with you!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No one should be allowed to talk on the cell phone while driving. Many studies have shown that hands-free devices don't help. You are distracted and are dangerous, your mind is on your conversation, not on your driving. At least when you are chatting with a passenger, there is an extra set of eyes in the car to help compensate for your distracted state.

I've nearly been hit by chatters twice in the last week. One was a 30 something woman. One was a 40'ish man. And I live in California where it is illegal to talk and drive without a hands free phone or to text while driving. The flighty woman was so busy chatting that she blew through a red turn light. She didn't even blink when I hit my horn and slammed on my brakes. The stupid man was either texting or dialing while speeding through a parking lot. Idiots.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• NOBODY should be allowed to talk on the phone and drive.  People pull out in front of me while on their cell phones and never once has it been an elderly person. 

Anonymous

• Nobody should.... it kills people!!! no matter how good you think you are at driving, its super dangerous and only takes a little mistake to kill your children or someone else..

if the call is that damn important pull over!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2009