I'm Rosie. I need to do my coursework for my Child Development class and I need to conduct a survey. Could some people please tell me your preferred method of payment when purchasing baby items and why. Please answer as soon as you can. Thankyou to everyone who replys to this.

Rosie1994

Asked by Rosie1994 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Shopping

• For big things I use my credit card otherwise I pay cash.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• cash so i dont have to worry about paying off credit :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• cash always
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Debit card.
    I see no point in carrying a checkbook, I don't use credit for everyday things, and actual cash money seems to burn through my fingers super fast.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• thank you
    Rosie1994

Answer by Rosie1994 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• AMEX because it is a rewards card and I get points (even if I pay it off the same month). I've already gotten a baby monitor, a pack and play, a Step 2 Kitchen, and a sand and water table for free with my points! Kids are expensive...might as well go for as many freebies as you can!
    Anonymous

• cash because it is so much easier and faster. With a debit card you have to wait for your bank to approve it and even though you know you have money in your account, it takes a long time to go through your bank. DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GOING NEGATIVE. Also you have a great feeling knowing it's yours. With a credit card you do eventually have to pay that off to so it's kind of like you never really bought anything cause you have to pay it back.
    jsungwoo

Answer by jsungwoo at 5:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Cash and only cash. Payments if need be. Simple, fast and easy.
    Anonymous

• I pay in cash I have no credit cards I don't want to debt I believe if u don't have the cash to pay for it u don't need it.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Well my answer is always cash, but I mean my debit card so it comes straight out of my checking account. Cash makes you evaluate what your baby truly "needs" versus what you "want" your baby to have. Credit should only be used for emergencies, such as a doctor or hospital visit, not "stuff". I had kids when we had $20 a week for groceries (20 years ago), I know how to live without credit.
    Anonymous