My 2 yr has been complaining of pain in his neck!? He won't look up and turns his body to look sideways he has no fever and is still playing. He is fussy and has a REALLY runny nose and some congestion. I have tried pain reliever and rubbing his neck? Should i take him to the doctor? Or wait another day to see if it works out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2013 in General Parenting

• take him in, it may be strep or something else
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• I would take him. What can it hurt? That way your mind will be clear and hopefully he will be on the path to health.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• I've always heard & been told that if a kid can't move their neck, or won't, to take them in immediately. Supposed to be the first symptom of meningitis, I believe.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• i am with idareyou, get him in!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• ^^ THIS
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Meninigitis will usually present with a fever and inability to move the neck. The only thing you can do is to take the child to the Dr. to have him rule out and diagnose.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• I have read on the meningitis the only symptom is pain in back of his head you can touch his neck it only hurts when you push under his head at the base or under his chin. He is eating and rode his bike today, there is no fever. Thank you ladies i think i will take him in
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• I guarantee you it's his throat. My son always says his neck hurts when it's his throat.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Ok ladies i took my baby in and he had a double ear infection and torticollis. :) Thank you all for helping make up my mind and now i can sleep much better knowing he will be ok and has everything under control! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2013