Viral Rash?

Hey y'all. My 5 month old's neck broke out in tiny red bumps that sometimes turn white later on during the day..and they have spreaded to her chest. Her pediatrician said it's a viral rash and to give her half a teaspoon of benadryl. I'm having trouble understanding what a viral rash is..like I just don't understand where she got it from or how she got it.

Myanas_Mommy08

Asked by Myanas_Mommy08 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter got rashes a lot her first year. The doctor always told me they were viral. They went away as mysteriously as they came. I have no idea how she got them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• She has caught a virus that presents itself as a skin rash, rather than a runny nose or tummy upset. My son had quite a few rashes his first 2 years.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• does the benydrl work?? if it doesnt it could be wahts called roseola. my son had it and it lasted about 3 weeks and no meds helped, its not life threatening nor contageous. just a little displeasing to the eye. look it up and you might get some answers:)
    destiney18

Answer by destiney18 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Its like yeast. It when the area is constantly wet or has moisture on it. It is not that big of a deal its like diaper rash I would not sweat it to much and the benadryl will help.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Ask the doctor
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 11:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2014