Do you expect your hubby to discuss every financial decision with you?

We both work but he is soul provider. We both contribute to bills. I feel like every and any decision should be discussed, especially if one of us is having money taken out monthly to donate to a good cause that amounts to a few hundred dollars.

Wouldn't you agree?

Just came across a reciept involving that situation that I didn't know about. Im a bit peeved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2013 in Relationships

• I mean a few hundred yearly, not monthly. Its a small amo7nt, but we aren't really in a position to be doing that. Im sure he knows that, but felt pressure from work so he did it anyways.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• How is he the sole provider if you both work?

That said (or asked) I think all financial decisions should be made as a couple.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Its a good idea to discuss where money goes so than a couple will know what they can afford to make donation to.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Honestly no.  I buy all kinds of stuff that add up to a few hundred dollars a year that my DH isn't informed about.  Every couple's situation is different.  Is this an amount he would expect you to discuss with him? 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• If you both work and both contribute to bills he is NOT the sole provider.

To answer your question, yes I think any financial situation should be discussed if it impacts the way you live. If he is going to buy a coke or a birthday/christmas present for you then no. Big decisions should be talked about.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• We're both good with money and we trust each other. We would discuss a purchase over a couplefew hundred dollars, but mostly to research which brand/model would be best. An example: My husband needed a new chainsaw, so he asked me to research which ones have the best reviews and warranty, and where I could find the best price. I found a killer deal for $378 so I bought it. Last week I spent about $350 on new clothes and a new watch. I didn't ask him which things to buy because I don't need his input on stuff like that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Yes it should be that way. But my DH has a problem talking to me about buying things.

Answer by louise2 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Money is so tight here, we have to discuss every purchase. I think it's noble of him to want to be so generous, but I would also be asking him to cut back on the amount if you can't afford it.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• We bought our chainsaw for 30 dollars. I had no idea they were so expensive!

As for the question I don't even get to see SOs bank account. He pays the bills and whatever is left he spends. I don't work and have no access to money or balances. I think that is stupid.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2013