What is the purpose of DH's ex wife lying?

His ex has a bad habit of making things up...(i.e. she said her car got "stolen" when her brother said it was hidden to prevent it from being repoed, but got found) this is something everyone who knows her is aware of. Okay, tonight at SS13's basketball game, she sat near us. A very loud teacher DH and I both have known our whole life was between us. Teacher, Mrs. R, came in early while DH was laying with his head in my lap. Everyone in the gym could hear the woman when she spoke, and she we was asking who the kids playing were. She called out to DH to ask if SS13 was his, and BM interrupted dating that was her son, blah, blah, & they talked about him and others. End of conversation. However, when we are leaving, BM said laughing, "oh, did you hear Mrs. R? She asked if that was my husband sitting there, and I said no, and she said she thought she'd seen in the paper that we got remarried! I told her, no, he got married, but not to me. Isn't that cute!" That NEVER happened. The teacher had already seen us together & spoken to us, and knew we were married before BM arrived. This is the third time she has said almost the same thing about people my DH is friends with, who congratulated us on our marriage! WTH us her deal? What is her purpose? To try to embarrass me? I don't get it...

MrsDAJ720

Asked by MrsDAJ720 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2013 in Just for Fun

• You know she is lying some mentally you are saying, whatever, but you are able to show an unconcerned face to her. The more you do not react in any way the less energy she will put into her little revelations. Hopefully/ Som people simply can not let go of anything that was once "theirs"
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Some people are just like that, do not let her get to you.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Apparently she likes looking like an asshat.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Some people enjoy getting a rise out of people. Ignore her. You ARE married to him. What do you care?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• How long have they been divorce? How ling have you been married?
    If you know she is that way. Stay away from her.

Answer by louise2 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• They've been divorced for 10 years...We've been married 6 months. I'm not going to miss all my step kids events on the off chance she shows up.
    MrsDAJ720

Comment by MrsDAJ720 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• I'm just curious, I guess, just what her problem is and what she thinks she is going to accomplish by saying this all the time. Simply a question...
    MrsDAJ720

Comment by MrsDAJ720 (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• I'll have to 're read this I think, totally confused, and did u say your husband was laying his head in your lap?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Well that is the problem it took him 10 years to remarry. She is not use to another women to deal with.

Answer by louise2 at 6:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Stay away from her as in she is sitting her. Move to a different part of the stands. Avoid her. If possible.

Answer by louise2 at 6:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2013