Are there parenting "trials" you managed to get by without having to deal with them?

I get a kick out of all the times I read people complain about how they can't ever use the bathroom alone, or any time they close the bathroom door, they see tiny fingers wiggling underneath it and/or someone kicking and chanting outside.

Both of our bathrooms open up onto open stairway landings. As a result, our baby gates always kept them outside the "safe" zone. By the time DS was old enough to take the gates down, he never bothered messing with us in the bathroom.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2013 in Just for Fun

• LOL! The bathroom I usually use (since mine is still broken) is connected to the hallway and DS's room. He can't stand to leave me alone in there. You are so lucky!

I can't think of any I haven't dealt with, but I can't think of many right now.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• I don't recall really. It seems like if it wasn't one child, it was the other. One was pretty good, one was a tornado on legs.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• We never got the Why and No phase

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• The parents do not realise this is just a fase. To soon they will not be able to get their kid/s to talk to them. (teen years)

Answer by louise2 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• my daughter was night time potty trained before she was out of diapers
    could put her down without one but not the day
    so i dodged any nighttime bed wetting
    although she was not trained until more than 3.5

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Nope.
    I got to enjoy them all.
    Fingers under the door, haircutting, dressing like a super hero and trying to fly off the roof- ugh. That one is when I started getting gray hairs.
    No, wait. The walking in at an inappropriate time. Yep, missed that one, whew!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• No terrible twos and my daughter began sleeping through the night at 5 weeks.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• I never had to deal with bottles.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• The "why why why" stage, the fingers under the bathroom door, refusing to poop in the potty, colic, reflux, allergies...there are plenty of things we avoided and I'm so glad!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• no terrible twos, no missed days from work due to being sick, and my son started sleeping thru the night, the 2nd night he came home from the hospital
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2013