Atheist group's response to Florida schools allowing religious group to distribute Bibles

Keep in mind that this is not a "tit for tat" response.  It's one that's meant to have the schools reconsider their policy allowing this sort of propaganda technique in public schools.

Atheist materials to be distributed in public schools.

What do you think of this response?

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 8:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2013 in Religious Debate

• are those darn kids on your lawn AGAIN, Sierrarose?
    let me guess, you're Christian, aren't you?

FYI, the movement to remove COMPULSORY praer from schools was started by theists in 1958.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:18 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Walkmen? What decade are you living in, Sierrarose?

I'm scared if your sky daddy watching your every move is the only thing keeping you from going on a killing spree or just being a good person just because it's the right thing to do.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 7:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Sierra your ignorance surely must be bliss for you. When was the last time you stepped outside your front door instead of Fox News spoonfeeding what to think?
    It helps to actually use the brain in your head- it's a shame you've turned it off for so long.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Op I think the response is a good one. If bibles are allowed all other belief systems should be allowed. We as a country really really need to stop catering too the Christian majority and their pushy ways.
    You'd think they'd have enough respect for their god to trust that he will recruit people as he sees fit.
    So much for faith I guess.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Teenage behavior cuts across all belief systems-our private religious school kids dress and act in public just like our public school kids-every time I think bad thoughts about these kids, I remember, I am just getting old and they are just young-I am sure people shook their heads at my behavior and dress as a teen and I was a church going teen-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:05 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• All or none
    Sekirei

Answer by Sekirei at 2:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• i agree with what they're doing. all or nothing. id rather have nothing myself b/c the schools will probably find some ignorant way to keep it Christian only. i like the comments on the article suggesting the Atheist group get a local Mosque to hand out material...that would really get the policy removed.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I'm all for it! I agree that if one group gets to distribute their stuff, they all should. All or nothing.

I love the comment that points out the "porn" in the Bible. I would like to hear an explanation about why it's not "porn" if it actually says what that commenter says . (I freely admit to not knowing for sure that that is in there)
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Really, the Bible has way too much sex and violence for it to possibly be appropriate for distribution to kids.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2013