Atheist group's response to Florida schools allowing religious group to distribute Bibles

Keep in mind that this is not a "tit for tat" response.  It's one that's meant to have the schools reconsider their policy allowing this sort of propaganda technique in public schools.

Atheist materials to be distributed in public schools.

What do you think of this response?

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 8:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2013 in Religious Debate

• I wish that public schools would quit allowing anyone to promote anything to our kids. My kids elementary school had billboards advertising candy, the Power comapanies sent them stuff,f, all kinds of corporations send them stuff.....collecting campbell soup labels...the box top stuff, having to explain to my kids over and over that we don't buy unhealthy products just to get those boxtops....Then involving kids in charities and giving them crap toys for working their hearts out for these groups, and I don't even know where the money is going, really, sometimes I think it's just to sustain the charity itself. Encouraging us to eat at local fast food places so that they will give money to the school....it goes on and on and on....I pulled my kids out because I didn't like them connstantly being indoctrinated by every group there is...forget passing out bibles or atheism tracts....that is the least of it.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I personally feel offended that christians assume because you do not have thier beliefs you have no morals. I am not christian and I can say my children will be better for. Christians are often judgemental. Going as far as to tell people who the ca and cannot marry. I will teach my ds unconditional love for everyone and not just the people whom believe the same as us.
    Melyssa C.

Answer by Melyssa C. at 11:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I agree with an all or none policy
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• If this is what the Florida schools decided, I'm fine with it. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I'm guessing Sierra rose is unaware that the majority religion in prisons is Christian and no tehy did not "convert" after getting there. Not to mention the reincarceration rate is 85%.....regardless of religion but yep you guessed it, majority of those are too Christian.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Really, the Bible has way too much sex and violence for it to possibly be appropriate for distribution to kids.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I'm all for it! I agree that if one group gets to distribute their stuff, they all should. All or nothing.

I love the comment that points out the "porn" in the Bible. I would like to hear an explanation about why it's not "porn" if it actually says what that commenter says . (I freely admit to not knowing for sure that that is in there)
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• i agree with what they're doing. all or nothing. id rather have nothing myself b/c the schools will probably find some ignorant way to keep it Christian only. i like the comments on the article suggesting the Atheist group get a local Mosque to hand out material...that would really get the policy removed.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• All or none
    Sekirei

Answer by Sekirei at 2:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2013