Atheist group's response to Florida schools allowing religious group to distribute Bibles

Keep in mind that this is not a "tit for tat" response.  It's one that's meant to have the schools reconsider their policy allowing this sort of propaganda technique in public schools.

Atheist materials to be distributed in public schools.

What do you think of this response?

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 8:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Christianity does not equal morality.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• My own child, while in elementary, advocated for an all or none policy in her predominately Mormon school.

Sierrarose99- you remind me of the kid in University who actually believed non marital sex did not happen until the promotion of the "pill".

Of course he also believed that a woman who didn't want kids should have a hysterectomy...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• However; it's okay for these children to bring their cell phones, I pads, walkmen, etc... and listen to hate songs, rap, heavy metal, etc... and walk around cussing like drunken sailors, boys throwing on pants 4 sizes to big for them so you can see their cracks, and girls with skirts so short you can see their crotches, and tops cut so low you can see their navals.

Is there any other group you're bigoted against or did that about cover it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• are those darn kids on your lawn AGAIN, Sierrarose?
    let me guess, you're Christian, aren't you?

FYI, the movement to remove COMPULSORY praer from schools was started by theists in 1958.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:18 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• If one group is allowed, then another should be.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Walkmen? lol
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Walkmen? What decade are you living in, Sierrarose?

I'm scared if your sky daddy watching your every move is the only thing keeping you from going on a killing spree or just being a good person just because it's the right thing to do.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 7:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I'm guessing Sierra rose is unaware that the majority religion in prisons is Christian and no tehy did not "convert" after getting there. Not to mention the reincarceration rate is 85%.....regardless of religion but yep you guessed it, majority of those are too Christian.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Sierra your ignorance surely must be bliss for you. When was the last time you stepped outside your front door instead of Fox News spoonfeeding what to think?
    It helps to actually use the brain in your head- it's a shame you've turned it off for so long.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Op I think the response is a good one. If bibles are allowed all other belief systems should be allowed. We as a country really really need to stop catering too the Christian majority and their pushy ways.
    You'd think they'd have enough respect for their god to trust that he will recruit people as he sees fit.
    So much for faith I guess.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2013