Is it okay to shoot small animals for fun?

I know someone who likes to go out to different fields to shoot squirrels and rabbits. It just doesn't seem right to me. They claim it is the 'circle of life', but I feel that if they are killing them for nothing (they are not eating the meat, yuck!), they are just killing them for fun then, in my opinion, that is not the 'circle of life'. What do you think?
What do you think about it from a religious point of view? Do you think God thinks it is okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i dont know about a religious point of view but ill go out and hunt small game. depending on the shot my family will eat the little steaks off the squirrels and stuff, but if not the animal always gets eaten by another animal. i know this is a touchy subject and i can completely understand people not agreeing with it, but thats my opinion, and i dont think i should be looked down upon either
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• im not religious and i dont believe in "god".

but its still stupid and immature to just shoot animals for fun.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• um no I don't think that it is part of the 'circle of life'. If anything its just being cruel. It is called a 'circle' of life because things have their proper order and when we want/ need food you are suppose to go hunt for it and in that case I believe hunting is fine. But to do it as a hobbie there is no need and no purpose in shooting them so no 'circle' exsists. And on a religious point I believe that God created everything in this world to have a purpose and order and killing anything just for fun was never a part of that IMO.
    Anonymous

• * just a side note, a lot of people will say its part of the circle because of population control. its like if we never hunted deer, there would be thousands more deaths a year simply from people hitting deer with their cars and causing accidents. i know it seems weird, especially if you havent grown up around hunters, but a lot of people use it as population control. we have to do it up by my grandparents becasue there are so many chipmunks that they get into everything chewing wires, almost causing electrical fires and such. so thats where theyre coming from with hunting the small gme
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• lol the little steaks off the squirrels :] every time someone adds little to something it makes it sound so cute lol
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• NO!!!!!

It's cruel and sadistic behavior.

No, I DO NOT think God thinks it's okay to kill for the same of killing!

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Even if the hunter doesn't eat it, something will
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• The circle of life does not involve guns
    Anonymous

• I think if they are not hunting it, or using furs then its not right.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Eww, that is wrong. Squirrels and rabbits are the same size as kitties and small dogs. I think its cruel to kill for fun. I have overheard people bragging on shooting small animals including cats, I tell them off!!! I love animals and sure hunting game even small game for food is necessary some times but not ever for fun.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2009