I knew this guy in college who said he did not like tomatoes but he ate pizza, spaghetti and ketchup.

This used to annoy me so bad. I could not stand to eat lunch with him. Have you ever known anyone who had an annoying habit like this?

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Sorry, I'm the same way. It's the texture of a raw tomato (or even tomato chunks cooked). I can eat spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, ketchup, whatever like that, and it's fine. But the texture of actual tomato just...I can't stand it. The ONLY time I have ever eaten actual tomato like that is the bits of tomato that come on Taco Bell tacos - and even that is a very rare thing that I have to almost prepare myself for and tell myself I can do it. lol

The funny thing is, though, that my mother swears when I was about 2 years old, I sat in the back of my parents car and ate a tomato like an apple. lol And apparently, it was the last actual tomato I ever ate. lmao
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I hate raw tomatoes but love tomatoe products lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• I don't like tomatoes or ketchup, but I like tomato sauce/pizza sauce.
    It's a texture thing.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• That's me pretty much exactly, I don't eat raw tomato any kind of way, but I can eat it pureed in sauces etc, I think that's common though
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Sorry BookLover, I'm the same way! I won't eat raw tomato, put I love tomato sauce, fried green tomatoes, ketchup, etc.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• I use to not like tomato's but ate pizza and my fries with ketchup. I don't think its weird at all it tastes different when the tomato is raw from it being cooked. I do like tomato's now though.
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 11:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• Our sons just the opposite. He loves fresh tomatoes, but hates , spaghetti sauce, and ketchup.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• My friend is that way. Pureed, all good, but chunks make him gag.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:26 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Big difference between fresh tomato and processed tomato! My kids are the same way - won't touch a fresh tomato but love most tomato products.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Raw tomatoes are much different from tomato products like sauce and ketchup lol. I have a cousin who dislikes cheese and a friend who doesn't like chocolate. I find both of those annoying!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2013