What is the BEST pregnancy book you ever got??? & WHY was it the best??

futurebabykar

Asked by futurebabykar at 12:03 AM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• What to Expect When You're Expecting

That book was my Bible, lol
    Any questions or concerns I had, I found my answer in that book.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I was given what to expect when you expecting, and one that I believe was called 'your pregnancy week by week' , I read that every week, I was more interested in what was going on with the life growing inside me at each stage, ( now there are apps for that) rather than a book about pregnancy itself, I didn't even read what to expect, I took a glance once but couldnt get into it.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I also liked "What to expect when you're expecting". About a month before birth, though, I highly recommend a copy of "Baby 411" by Denise Fields & Ari Brown, M.D. It's got info for everything from the moment they're born till their first birthday. Picking a pediatrician, what's normal, when to take them to the doctor.... I loved it, saved me a lot of worry!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Ina May's Guide to Childbirth because it suited my personal desires for my birth and the like. I never wanted a hospital birth and the personal birth stories in the book eased most of my fears about giving birth for the first time. I already had a good idea about what to expect while I was pregnant since I've made a point of learning everything I possibly can about the way women's bodies function since I was a kid. I had What to Expect, but I think I only skimmed it.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I spent so much time reading pregnancy books and knowing everything about pregnancy that when the baby came I was like oh crap I didn't read any baby books! Had no idea what was going on.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• The Spiritual Art of Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin. At the time it was the only book she had out. She now has a better book Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I also read this one The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer which was pretty good. Hated the What to Expect book. It seemed to tell you about all these horrible things that could happen, but not that they happened rarely (some less than 1% of the time) almost like they were trying to scare you. Even if you are not planning a midwife or home birth or natural birth Ina May's book is a good read.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• mayo clinic guide to pregnancy. Because its mayo clinic and they know their stuff, it was very helpful and answered all my questions.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• That's why I recommended mine, Staci!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 2:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• What to Expect When your Expecting--gives a lot of valuable information.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2013