Do I gently confront this person...?

There is a mom in one of my groups who recently had a baby and that baby died a week later, very sad and she is grieving, understandable.The group gave her so much support and love and many moms stressed themselves out being so worried about her.Here is the problem, she has started making up stuff for attn, and is saying she is 1 month preg, which is impossible.Do I confront this mom privately and tell her I am worried bout her? Or continue to let her make a fool out of herself?Long story short, there is no way she is preg if all she has said is true....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Who knows if she really had a baby. This is the internet and I hate to say it but sometimes people make up things for attention. I woudln't feed into it and just let it be. If I just lost a baby, I would have lots of support with my family and not need to turn to internet friends
    Anonymous

• didnt you post this question a few days ago. you did investigating and found no records of the baby or the death. or something like that anyway.
    Anonymous

• Just send her a private message.

She must feel very terrible. She probably doesnt know how to handly any of her feelings. She is mourning. And she probably thinks, that nobody in this world is able to understand what she is going through.

be very gentle and nice to her. If she really is making stuff up, then yes it might be for attention but always remember she is in an awful situation. She probably does make stuff up to get herself focused on something else. I know thats not the right way. But she doesnt know what to do.

Its possible that she needs professional help someday.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Say non-committal, neutral, and soothing things to her.  If she needs the attention be gentle and let her grief run its course.

Answer by Bmat at 4:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i was in a group that really was hard on pple, so one day i was in it just checking it out and there was a post that confronted that one person for having a fake profile, i think the poster really did do her homework.

if they baby died and she's already prego, you can write it down and write down everything she does and then BAM! there's that post that you want her to confront and explain.

the post with the fake profile went something like this "you said ' your baby has his daddy's green eyes', am i blind?" and it showed a pic of daddy's brown eyes, then stated that a pic she had posted was stolen off of myspace, cause how could she go from being huge and prego to this skinny hot bod...again more pics were put up.

just write everything down and post up a post asking her to explain herself. may take some time
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i know i would be a total basket case if i lost one of my children deal with it for a bit longer and see what develops
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No I did not post this before , but i agree that people can lie.i was thinking of investigating further.let me be clear, I do feel bad for her and her grief and have no desire to be mena to her.I also care deeply for the womaen in my preg group, its tight knit and genuine, and these moms really cared for her.I do not agree with continuing to allow her to upset a bunch of preg ladies for her own needs, even tho they are legitimate.It is not helpful to allow someone to upset others so they can live in a dreamworld, but that being said i think she needs more help than internet friends can give right now.
    Anonymous

• Why are you so concerned about someone else to go as far as checking up on her like a spy.
    Just be there if she comes to you and say very fair minded things to her and see what happens.
    But who are you to judge her at this time and this may hurt her than help her.
    Anonymous

• You think it's your right to do this to her but yet you remain anonymous over your feelings if you feel your actions are right than do not hide behind them.
    If your so caring than why do this route.
    I feel you have more your not saying or a hidden agenda.
    Anonymous

• If you think she's delusional or lying, just let her be. Time will tell if she's lying or not. All truth comes out in the end. But don't add fuel to the fire.. I'm sure your group is pretty smart and will be able to judge for themselves whether she's trustworthy.
    Anonymous