Just a vent about sports parents..

I can not stand listening to these dads ripping their kids apart over something. We had a little boy that got hurt yesterday during practice, bloody mouth from being put on the ground ( wrestling) and he was bawling and the poor kids dad was just telling him over and over that he's a sissy.. It broke my heart the kid just needed his da, the kids five. Look guy all five year olds are tender. So if you ever hear a news story about a mom knocking a dad out cold and calling him a sissy, that will be me lmao.

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 8:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• I agree on this, I have seen it all season with basketball, and the parents in my area are the worst, I had a few people talking badly about my kids, yelling they're stupid, making fun of them calling them monkeys, come to find out it was only because in their age group they dominated and we had an undefeated season ended up winning the championship and my girl made the county all-star team and their child didn't , if we could keep the parents out then it would be fun , some of them are so cruel and talk so badly about kids it isn't funny.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• its the same thing as those bat shit crazy toddlers & tiaras moms that force their daughters to wear fake eyelashes, make up, high heels and shit and then have the audacity to complain when they're child is throwing a tantrum about it.

let your child be a child for fuck's sake.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• totally agree with you!! last yr when my son was in soccer there was this one dad that did nothing but scream at his kid from the side lines. they act like their kids are in the pros and make them feel low when they don't get something right. they already have the coach trying to tell them something to do and then when you have an obnoxious parent doing that it doesn't make for fun time for anyone.

He would yell at him to tell all the other kids to move up or whatever. I got to the point that I would park off the side and just sit in the car to watch and honk the horn when we made goals. you can support your kids without making them feel like crap if they don't get something right.

I guess I am just not that into sports or something. If my son wants to play that's all that matters. It's a game not the end of the world... lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 9:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• That's just horrible. And, part of the reason my DD's aren't in sports.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I hate that. I also hate the parents that insist on not keeping score and that everyone wins. My children are not interested in sports, but a good friend of DH's are and we have gone to a couple wresting matches because DS has friends that wrestle and he wanted to watch. DH's friend was HORRIBLE. His son lost, but it was a really close, good match. His son was fine with it until his dad started berating him and eventually had the boy in tears on the side line. These are second graders!!!!!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Go get em. It breaks my heart.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2013