Should children of illegal immigrants be offered free education?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• If they're born here, they have just as much right as I do. They're the children of illegal immigrants, that doesn't make them illegal immigrants themselves.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Yes, kids have no say. It takes a lot to leave your country  become an immigrant, let alone an illegal immigrant.   I have to believe the parents were desperate to come here.  What would I do to protect my children?

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• No. Why should they get for free what I have to pay for? Besides that, to give them free education will only increase the attraction of entering our country illegally. They already get enough handed to them, in my opinion.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Why would they be entitled to free education and my kids aren't? Because their parents are criminals? No I don't think they should receive free education.

Seriously? Why would you pay for PUBLIC education? Public education is FREE to all US residents.

If a person who lived in one state wanted their child to attend school in another state they would have to pay out of state tuition. Why not do the same for people who live out of country? Let them attend but they can pay tuition a lot higher than if they were legal residents of the country.

You are talking about COLLEGE.  Public education  K-12 is free to everyone. 

booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• YES. They are children. They are innocent. Their situation is not their fault. And it goes without saying that those born in the USA regardless of their parents status are American and an education is their right.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• No.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• if they were born here YES if they are illegal as well, NO
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• If the children were born here, it is not their fault, so YES indeed they should.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• There is no such thing as free. We all pay for it, even for our own kids. But to your point, I think if it's worth me paying for, it should be equally worth them paying for.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I believe that education should be available to all
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 11:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2013