Do you believe that there is any reason a war should be fought? Over what?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• civil war was for human rights and that was a very good reason.
    WW2 US was attacked, we get to attack back.

There are wars I believe should never be fought like the one that is still going on right now.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• We, the USA should take Mexico. That way the(Mexicans would be Americans. They could stop sneaking into our country.

Answer by louise2 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Freedom comes with a price. Sometimes that price is war.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Well it certainly has a very high price. Human rights are so very important. But right now our country seems to be in a free fall and I think we need to worry about ourselves and be a little selfish. We need to re-build our country.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• for just causes but like the ones now, no reasons for it.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I believe most wars should be defensive... If you attack me, I will strike back to defend myself... Only in very rare cases should theybe offensive to protect another, because that is often used as the excuse to fight when there is another agenda included... and it usually includes greed.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• You can always find a reason to fight any war. I know a lot of people don't agree with the wars we're in now but think of what the alternatives could be. Do you let the little guy get beat up when you could possibly stop it? What happens to that country when the little guy is no more and the victor comes in and takes over? That country is no longer an allie and instead an enemy and the enemy gets larger and larger until finally he comes after you and you're no longer the big guy but actually smaller then him and you now lose.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Booklover...I needed you vote you up twice, that is such a wonderful response!

And I agree with 120%

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• To protect other countries that don't want to be taken over by other counties that are ruled by tyrants. Should we not stand up for the little people if we can. Of course we must take care of ourselves first so we can help others in need.

As well as FREEDOM from oppressive leaders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• There are very few wars that have just causes. For the most part wars are started by people who are too stupid or too full of themselves to work it out through conversation.
    MeninaBallerina

Answer by MeninaBallerina at 9:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2013