What are my chances

i called in my car last night
i have a sister visiting, so her car went into garage, mine called in to police station so it could stay out on the street. i woke to a bright green 20 dollar ticket. i went to police station, seems i switched the letters and numbers, instead of 123abc, i called in abc123, so the license number i gave was wrong, i got a court date...betting that since make model, color and address right and i just switched the letters and numbers, it would be thrown out.

i am in a small village of large city, the judge for my area is also my neighbor AND my lawyer and the case is active, i speak to him all the time
lol

he might HAVE to send it to another jurisdiction.. then i will just pay the 20 bucks

he may throw this ticket out, or does he HAVE to send to another judge?
do i mention to him before the feb court date- as he will see me on his docket before court date
lol x 100, i even saw him coming out of his house this am while i was taking the ticket off my car

another neighbor had her parking ticket thrown out- same kind of deal- although he is not her lawyer , just another neighbor

the receptionist at police station says this happens a lot and she gestured that it would be thrown out, or dismissed, whatever it is called. BUT as he is my lawyer and the judge- wondering if this can happen
i was hoping reception would get a supervisor and supervisor would dismiss it, i mean court costs taxpayer dollars, and it is obvious that it was called in, same car, same address, same model and make, just the numbers and letters transposed

i wanted to tell receptionist that it must have been a male cop as a female would understand the mix up and not waste the time, but i held back

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Just for Fun

• LOL, I am sorry paxi. Sounds like something I would do too!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:46 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• will be funny when i show up in court and the judge is my lawyer
    parking ticket different jurisdiction of course than my other court stuff
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Confused here? What are you talking about?????

Answer by louise2 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I get the whole ticket thing but I don't know what you mean that you "called your car in"?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• you call police department- they write you down, you do not get ticket for having car on street in evening
    it is a local thing
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• So in your Town if you leave a car on the street, in front of you house. You get a ticket? Unless you call the police and tell them you did it and give them your lisence plate #. That you did but you gave it to them backward?
    Your fault. Pay the ticket. Next time put your car in your garage and make your friend leave her car out. Make her call the police and give the lisence#. That is what I would do.

Answer by louise2 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• ok
    but i think i can spend 20 minutes at local "court"
    and not pay
    PLUS i think it is funny that the judge is my lawyer

YES louise it is my fault, but i think if a policewoman were to see the plate they would get that it is the same car
    betting a man gave the ticket
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2013