Signs that she is going into labor?

I have a momma kitty, who is due soon. She has probably less than a week left. But, how will i know she in labor? I know they start nesting, but the room she is in is limited. Under the bed and the closet is blocked off, so she has her carrier(which is very large), there is blankets in it and on it (so its dark). She should be fine with that, shouldnt she? Her food/water and litter box is in the room also. When will her milk come in? What are some other signs? She's 2 and this will be her second litter. Also, I included a pic, so maybe you can make an estimate of how many she might have or how much longer she has left! TIA

des11987

Asked by des11987 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Pets

• My cat became very affectionate and clingy about twelve hours before I realized she was in labor. She stayed in my lap constantly or sat beside me and wanted my hand on her as much as possible. She actually gave birth to the first kitten in my lap. She wouldn't sit still and she had some vaginal discharge. Congrats on your kitties! I love kittens. My husband doesn't like cats indoors. He bent the rules for the cat I had before we got married but his pre-marriage cat and the kitten we kept is banned to the barn too because the stupid cat refuses to use the litter box.

Beware though. You are probably going to hear about how evil you are to dare and let your cat have kittens when there are thousands of needy cats at the shelter. It happens every time someone makes a puppy/kitten related post on CafeMom. Good luck!
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Answer by Cowgirl_Coyote at 5:13 AM on Mar. 14, 2013

• The mammary glands increase in size during the last week of gestation.
    Around two days before the queen gives birth she will start producing milk.
    She may start nesting.
    A day or two before birth, her temperature drops to 99F.
    Change in behaviour. During the last week or so your queen may become either reclusive & seek out a secluded place or she may become more affectionate, especially if she is particularly bonded to one carer.
    Restlessness & pacing.
    Frequent trips to the nest.
    Licking at the genitalia frequently.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:03 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Also, her boobies will swell up.

She's a beautiful cat, by the way!
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Answer by Cowgirl_Coyote at 5:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2013