Question about my cat....she is acting very strangly

I have a BEAUTIFUL Ragdoll/maine coone mixed breed (rescue) cat. I love her so much and I've had her for almost 2 years. I got my husband a kitten not too long ago and she was irritated (like) most cats get when introducing someone in the home. I also have a dog (whom she loves) but ever since I got the kitten she will have nothing to do with ANYONE she actually lashed out and scratched my face last night! She has just recently went to the vet up to date on all shots, de-wormed, spayed ect. I've never seen a cat act this way. It's only been about a week. Should I just wait a little longer?

luvmy2boysGG

Asked by luvmy2boysGG at 10:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Pets

• Just give it more time for her to adjust. A week is not a long time at all. She's probably still hoping the interloper will hit the bricks.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• She's upset and territorial.. if cats don't warm up to a kitten quickly, it can take a VERY long time or will just never happen. Your cat is feeling defensive and jealous. It sucks but it's totally normal.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:52 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• my cat Dilly STILL hate my cat Casey,and she's almost 4
    Some cats,like people,never get along

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Do you have a pic? I'd love to see her!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I have a cat that was very lovely and affectionate, but we got another kitten and she completely changed. She is no longer friendly with anyone, she just tolerates us. It has been 8 months and she is still being a crab ass.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:00 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I had the same scenario.... 5 years later my cat is still pissed. only 1queen is allowed in her castle.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Poor cat! She is upset. What does the vet say?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I have 3 cats. The two brothers are about 7 and the third is about 3. The brothers I got from a shelter, and the third I inherited when we moved in a couple years ago. Even though it's been 2 years, the three STILL aren't best friends. They'll tolerate each other, but only the black ones will curl up with each other into a big ball.

As time goes by they tolerate each other more and more. And the third and one of the brothers will occasionally bathe each other. It looks more like a dominance thing though, not mutual grooming.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:42 AM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Give her more time. If she's got ragdoll in her maybe she might mellow out, the Maine coon side may win out though. GL
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Give her time.  So e cats are territorial and feel really nervous when a new pet comes into the picture.  Things will improve.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2013