• In the Spotlight:

sippy cups.. ugh

so i have the nuby sippy cups. the milk collects in the nipple part and it is near impossible to get out!! Is it just this brand or are ALL sippy cups like this?? If they are whats the best way to get it out with out breaking the nipples off by using a niipple brush (it goes right through) ive also tried soaking in hot water

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• chloe had those and i used a tooth pick to get the milk out lol then i put it in the dishwasher
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• do the nipples come off do you no? bailey has a cup with this plastic part that comes off sometimes i hve to boil it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I'm done with that kind (thank goodness), but when we used them I always rinsed it right away and then left them soaking in hot water. When I washed them I would let water collect in the nipple and use my finger to force it through. I also boiled them a time or two.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• yeah but its not just hte nipple its self its the whole rubber part. i guess i could do that its just a pain in the butt! :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I use the straw type ones with the valve in them. They tend to get moldy over time but you can take them apart and wash them separately. I think they are just something you have to replace every now and then.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I flip the nipple inside out =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• thats a good idea candice thanks:)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• oh mommybrooke is just a lil smarty pants this evening huh? lol hi brooke
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i have the same ones! i flip them inside out. thats the easiest way for me. just be careful because i accidentally busted part of the rubber in the spout of one of them so now that nipple is useless. but when im careful it works well!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I hate sippy cups. I used a cup & straw instead. Much easier and no need to wean my kids from them ;)
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 7:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2009