This pisses me off

Granite Falls, WA:

The remains of 4 Bald Eagles (3 adult, 1 juvenile) were found by the Dept. of Fish and Wildlife. At least 3 of the birds were shot with a small caliber rifle and were probably perched in trees before falling to their deaths. Nothing was taken off the bodies of the birds. They were just left to die after being shot.

Police and tribal are looking for whodunit.

LINK TO ARTICLE

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 12:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Guns again! People with guns do horrible things to the innocent!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 12:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Another great gun story UGH
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• badsimple frownAwww,poor birdies!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Honestly it was probably some obnoxious, bratty, spoiled entitled kid, who's inept "buddy" parents bought a gun for Christmas,

Eagles are birds of prey, even the ones we like to call more important than the rest. Is it more likely it was some bratty, spoiled kid who was a good enough shot to get 4 of them, or is it more likely it was either a local property owner or someone else with a motive to have them off their land?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• That is sick. Why would someone do that? I am fine with people hunting, so long as it's for food - even if the food isn't for them personally, but goes to someone else. But this is just disgusting.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I'm with you... that's infuriating!! ;o(

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• And to add if the jcpenny gun was used the birds wouldn't of been " left to die" they would have been dead and it said a small caliber was used. But anon would know that if she didn't just talk out her rump.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I don't agree with shooting anything if you're not going to eat it. Definately you don't shot something just for the fun of it BUT Bald Eagles are birds of prey.

If something was coming down attacking your kittens, chickens, piglets, etc you'd be tempted to shoot as well. I'm NOT agreeing with what happened but have known farmers who have had troubles with them in the past and had to bring in the Wild Life to help them out as they were attacking small animals on their farms.

I think they will most likely find out that it was some kids out having "fun" but who will soon learn that what they did wasn't so fun after all.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I thought that was illegal. Oh wait, criminals don't care if its illegal.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Probably an American hating liberal that only knows how to use a gun on indefensible animals...."Answer by Anonymous

I can probably guess at who this is.....anyway

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2013