This pisses me off

Granite Falls, WA:

The remains of 4 Bald Eagles (3 adult, 1 juvenile) were found by the Dept. of Fish and Wildlife. At least 3 of the birds were shot with a small caliber rifle and were probably perched in trees before falling to their deaths. Nothing was taken off the bodies of the birds. They were just left to die after being shot.

Police and tribal are looking for whodunit.

LINK TO ARTICLE

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 12:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• WTF is wrong with people
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Probably an American hating liberal that only knows how to use a gun on indefensible animals...."Answer by Anonymous

I can probably guess at who this is.....anyway

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• No he/she didn't display them. Whoever it was shot them and left them for dead, not collecting anything off the bodies. The picture with the article is what the Fish & Wildlife officer did.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Here's the worry to me: this person shot them, collected them and then displayed them. Serial killer in the making, if you ask me.
    It's a disrespectful thing to do.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• That is so awful. I hope they catch the responsible person.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I thought that was illegal. Oh wait, criminals don't care if its illegal.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• and again GUNS dont kill, PEOPLE do
    but if they are not killing iwth guns they will use bow and arrow, bombs and anythign elese they can figure out.
    There is NO solution to end the killings.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• awww that's sad!! why would someone want to kill the national bird?? I mean really what's the point?? I can't stand when people go out and are poachers. 

goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• It is sad. And the person(s) who did this is an asshole and a fool.

However... as others have pointed out, they are birds of prey. Granted, if the birds were giving someone trouble on their land, and killing small animals, then there are other ways to handle it... especially knowing that bald eagles are protected.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I don't agree with shooting anything if you're not going to eat it. Definately you don't shot something just for the fun of it BUT Bald Eagles are birds of prey.

If something was coming down attacking your kittens, chickens, piglets, etc you'd be tempted to shoot as well. I'm NOT agreeing with what happened but have known farmers who have had troubles with them in the past and had to bring in the Wild Life to help them out as they were attacking small animals on their farms.

I think they will most likely find out that it was some kids out having "fun" but who will soon learn that what they did wasn't so fun after all.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2013