Nine ways you KNOW you're done having children. Got this from the Stir, So True!

While I often think the Stir is a joke, I got a kick out of this. I know I'm done, are you?

nine ways you KNOW you're done having children.

1. When someone tells you she's pregnant you have to remember to offer congratulations instead of condolences. (It's a wonderful thing for most people!)

2. You start giving away all of your favorite baby clothes that you've saved "just in case", and you don't shed one tear.

3. When you see a pregnant woman you involuntarily wince imaging going through it all over again.

4. You use that perfect baby name you've been saving on a dog.

5. When people ask if you/when you are going to have more children you have to remind yourself not to recoil in horror.

6. When your children talk about wanting a baby sister or brother, you confuse them with talk of pigs flying.

7. The ones you already have drive you completely insane, and you just can't take anymore.

8. You've come to enjoy sleep, and aren't about to give it up again.

9. You just know. It seems ambiguous, but when you really are done, you just know.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 12:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Just for Fun

• All very very true!!

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I'd add #10. You wake up from a dream about being pregnant, and all you can think is "Thank God, it's just a dream!!" as waves of relief roll over you...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Oh so true! I had my 2nd baby almost 3 yrs after the first and the night we brought the baby home and I couldn't get a good nights sleep...FOREVER...was when I realized that was the last one :)
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 12:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Yup!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• yep! my "baby" is 3 and good lord that boy makes me crazy
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I like #4.
    I was thinking of having a 3rd. Then my oldest became a teen. I said HELL NO! To that.

Answer by louise2 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• #2 is all me. I love giving away my youngest DD clothes. I can't wait to start giving away the toys. I'm completely done.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• These are so funny and so true.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I was really done...and then my husband took the condom off. He's not getting any until I know for DAMN SURE that vasectomy really worked and his little swimmers are no longer swimming.

All but #4 is definitely me.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I have just one and I knew I was done after him... it didn't come until he was about 2-3 yrs old. At one point I wished I would've had more but now I am thinking... nah!! lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2013