Do you live in an open carry state?

If your state isn't red, you do.  If it's green you need a license first, if it's light tan, you don't. Dark tan has no explicit law and have never outlawed it, so federal law takes precedence, which allows open carry.  Of the red states, most of the ones in the South have the law on the books from the Civil War, and have just never bothered to repeal it.
Now why is it people are freaking out and demanding people should be arrested for following the law in those 43 states?  Is it, perhaps, that this lack of exposure to a piece of machinery is what fosters so much fear among people?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Looks like no.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Amazingly I do not.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I don't. Other than maybe not knowing its legal to carry a gun? Fear of death? But then what can you do without death being a possibility? Don't eat you might choke to death. Don't cross the street you might get ran over. Forget airplanes they crash. Swimming on a nice hot day... Nope you can drown. Your ganna die get over it. Some people snap and kill people that doesn't mean everyone who owns or carries a gun will go scar face and shot everything up.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 2:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I live in Texas. I have noticed that some businesses have signs in the door saying that they do not allow guns on the premises. Other than that I don't really make a point to look for weapons on people, sort of not looking at how other people pay for their groceries. The only time I pay attention is when a scene is being made.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• no, i dont live in an open carry state.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• In OH you have to get your CCW license/permit if you want to carry. Concealed carry- not open carry. (If there's a difference)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I do live in an open carry state. I do not like the idea of the people who are now carrying weapons just to make a statement, and I have mixed feelings on which is safer, a conceal carry or an open carry. I think that the same classes should be required for an open carry as they are to get a conceal carry permit, and that's not required here.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Yes I do :) and yes I am good with that. I think, as in all things, ignorance breeds fear.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• WY is open carry....I just fail to see what the hoopla is. A person driving and talking on the phone is more dangerous than someone carrying a gun while shopping in JcPenney's.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• good ole alabama, we don't give a shit
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2013