Anyone else ever thought you were done having kids, but changed your mind?

I thought I was done after my 3rd, but ended up having a 4th and 5th. (Okay, so the 5th wasn't actually planned, but she's here). Anyone else have a change of heart?

Asked by missanc at 2:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• I thought after my third i was going to get my tubes tide for sure and wasn't going to have anymore, but i didn't tell the doctor in time that he could do it during my c-section i was going to have to wait a few weeks after and get it done. That gave me the time to think, and well everyone though i had it done and i had to tell them i didnt. I wouldn't mind one more kid if it happens. It would be amazing. Some people understand it some don't and think im crazy, but when your ready your ready. I'm happy i got the time to rethink it, maybe it was just ment to be.
    WooMommy7

Answer by WooMommy7 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Well not a change of heart exactly, but when my 2nd son Jordan was 6 months old, my horrible case of the "stomach flu" turned out to be his little brother!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• After having a 2nd as a single mother, I was sure I was done. Then I met my now husband. We had 3 right away. Now I'm really sure I'm done with 5.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I was pretty sure once I raised my daughter to adulthood it would be nuts to start over, yet now I have a 21 year old and a 2 yo. love it!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Nope I'm done I'm so sure I took steps to make sure I wouldn't get pregnant ever again. It's funny because while I was pregnant with my first I wanted three or four and after my second I just knew that wasn't happening.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 2:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I think I'm finished having children, but part of me is uncertain so I've keep holding off on doing anything permanent.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I KNEW I was done 4 years ago and then along came 3 beautiful little grandkids that are now living with us. I've learned to never say never and that life will take what you know and throw it out the window for something much better.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I didn't have a change of heart. I wanted to have another when my 4th was around 1-2 years old, but my husband told me no and kept telling me no, till I was OK with the idea of not having anymore.

Then he took the condom off, and now we have a 7 week old. Yes, I'm still pissed at him.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• No. When I knew I was done, I was very very sure I was done. I am so glad I don't have to go through all that again.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I had 2. My second is autistic, so, I didn't have anymore. I couldn't possibly give the time needed to another child.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 9:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2013