Have you ever had to draw your gun on someone?

What was the outcome?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I was leaving work where I waitress and I usually have about $300 cash on me. My .38 special was in the car. I got to the car, unlocked the door and was about to get in when I saw 2 big dudes behind me...one of them had a gun and they were coming for me. Fortunately enough I could get to mine faster. I fired a warning shot, which alerted all the people inside the building to call the cops and then held them at gunpoint until the patrol car showed up. Had they moved one step closer to me I would have unloaded my pistol without a second thought. Me having a pistol saved my life that night. Those two guys were wanted for armed robbery and murder.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 2:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Yes, a nerf gun. Results were I got him first. He lived to tell about it although I sleep with one eye open now.

Other than that, no. I don't have a weapon of that kind of my own.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I did, outcome was fine it was my drunk neighbor , our houses were all the same his friends dropped him off at ours instead of his he just wanted to eat
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Not someone, but something... a rabid fox... shot it dead as a door nail!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• No, and I hope I never do. My husband has had to defend his life, and he did not have a gun on him. He was lucky he had the skill to defend himself, but also lucky that the people attacking him were holding a knife and not a gun.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I have never held a gun
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I don't have a gun -but there has NEVER been a situation wehre I felt I needed to defend myself with any kind of weapon
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• No- b/c I was taught if you pull it out, you better be prepared to use it. If you point it at someone, you better not hesitate. I thankfully have never been in that situation.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I was living in the country and we didnt lock the doors. I was down for a very pregnant nap with sleeping toddlers upstairs. (This was during the Railroad Serial Killer thing)
    I heard someone enter my house. I got my gun, cocked it and walked out of my bedroom...

My teen had called her dad to say a friend was taking her to the house to get some forgotten homework. He told her to call me because it was naptime. He reminded her about the guns.

She never forgot to call again.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• *where
    charlotsomtimes