Have you ever had to draw your gun on someone?

What was the outcome?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I was leaving work where I waitress and I usually have about $300 cash on me. My .38 special was in the car. I got to the car, unlocked the door and was about to get in when I saw 2 big dudes behind me...one of them had a gun and they were coming for me. Fortunately enough I could get to mine faster. I fired a warning shot, which alerted all the people inside the building to call the cops and then held them at gunpoint until the patrol car showed up. Had they moved one step closer to me I would have unloaded my pistol without a second thought. Me having a pistol saved my life that night. Those two guys were wanted for armed robbery and murder.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 2:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• The 2nd time I was driving and a black guy approaches my drivers window while I was at this stop sign on a road I knew better then to take, but I was late to my 2nd anniversary dinner, I would never hear the end of. But anyway, the next thing I knew I had my seat belt yanked back so hard it cut my neck. I hear the guy telling me to get the fuck out or I was a dead little white girl, I had my gun on my hip and I draw it out very quickly and told him he would be a dead little black boy if he didn't let go of my seat belt. I drive a few more blocks when I see a well lit gas station pulled over and promptly threw up in the fresh kitty litter the clerk put down on the oil.
    BTW, I still didn't hear the end of it,m but it was at the fact I went down the street I knew better then to take. But a few days later, I wish I did shoot the man, cause he killed an elderly couple. They showed the guys picture on the news when he was arrested
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Yes, twice. The first time I was working and I see a person's shadow coming along a building as I walking up the sidewalk in the area I was partrolling. I drew my weapon out, got behind the little porch and yelled at the person to drop it and come out slowly. The person kept on moving and by now I see the the pistol barrel but it looked weird. By now I am thinking oh shit, and then I see its a kid with those fucking air-softs play guns!!!!!!!!!! Oh to say I livid was an understatement. I was shaking so damn hard I could barely stand, then the thought of narrowly shooting a 13 yr old child almost made me throw up. I took the air-soft gun, broke in half, demanded the fucker to tell me where he lived. I was VERY unprofessional when I started yelling at his mother, well actually screaming would more apt description. Especially when I saw there were 4 others, the little orange tip colored black like the 1st one I broke.
    cont...
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I have flashed my cc 2xs. The incident was over.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Not exactly...but kind of...when I was a single woman I lived by myself in an apartment..my grandfather had given me an old 22. I was awakened one night by someone banging on my bedroom window yelling to be let in...the idiot kept saying "mama" let me in...after a minute or 2 it dawned on me that it was the idiot son of the lady that lived next door..our windows were beside each other and she was not home. I tried to tell the guy..but he kept banging and pulled the screen off the window. ..he was high or drunk on something and starting to get mad...I pulled the gun from under the bed and told him if he came in I was going to shoot him...during this process I called the police...before they arrived I locked myself in the bathroom.

The police knew I was armed and I knew the moment the came in the apartment..they arrested the fool...his mom was so embarrassed and she moved not long after. I would have shot him though.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I don't have a gun.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Good question.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I was living in the country and we didnt lock the doors. I was down for a very pregnant nap with sleeping toddlers upstairs. (This was during the Railroad Serial Killer thing)
    I heard someone enter my house. I got my gun, cocked it and walked out of my bedroom...

My teen had called her dad to say a friend was taking her to the house to get some forgotten homework. He told her to call me because it was naptime. He reminded her about the guns.

She never forgot to call again.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• No, and I hope I never do. My husband has had to defend his life, and he did not have a gun on him. He was lucky he had the skill to defend himself, but also lucky that the people attacking him were holding a knife and not a gun.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• No- b/c I was taught if you pull it out, you better be prepared to use it. If you point it at someone, you better not hesitate. I thankfully have never been in that situation.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2013