Have you ever had to draw your gun on someone?

What was the outcome?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I was leaving work where I waitress and I usually have about $300 cash on me. My .38 special was in the car. I got to the car, unlocked the door and was about to get in when I saw 2 big dudes behind me...one of them had a gun and they were coming for me. Fortunately enough I could get to mine faster. I fired a warning shot, which alerted all the people inside the building to call the cops and then held them at gunpoint until the patrol car showed up. Had they moved one step closer to me I would have unloaded my pistol without a second thought. Me having a pistol saved my life that night. Those two guys were wanted for armed robbery and murder.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 2:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I have never held a gun
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I don't have a gun -but there has NEVER been a situation wehre I felt I needed to defend myself with any kind of weapon
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• *where
    charlotsomtimes

• Yes, a nerf gun. Results were I got him first. He lived to tell about it although I sleep with one eye open now.

Other than that, no. I don't have a weapon of that kind of my own.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I did, outcome was fine it was my drunk neighbor , our houses were all the same his friends dropped him off at ours instead of his he just wanted to eat
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• No. Ive loaded, shot, stripped and cleaned many types of guns from a 22 revolver to a M16... but Ive never shot anything but paper targets, soda cans, bales of hay, etc... A gun is just a piece of machinery, and by itself is very non threatening. It's the person holding it who makes it scary...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Not someone, but something... a rabid fox... shot it dead as a door nail!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• nope. ive only ever shot guns at ranges and on my great-grandpa's farm. someone would have to attack me at the range for me to draw a gun on them.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• nope - but good to have just in case
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 3:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2013