Have you ever had to draw your gun on someone?

What was the outcome?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• No. Ive loaded, shot, stripped and cleaned many types of guns from a 22 revolver to a M16... but Ive never shot anything but paper targets, soda cans, bales of hay, etc... A gun is just a piece of machinery, and by itself is very non threatening. It's the person holding it who makes it scary...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• nope. ive only ever shot guns at ranges and on my great-grandpa's farm. someone would have to attack me at the range for me to draw a gun on them.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• The 2nd time I was driving and a black guy approaches my drivers window while I was at this stop sign on a road I knew better then to take, but I was late to my 2nd anniversary dinner, I would never hear the end of. But anyway, the next thing I knew I had my seat belt yanked back so hard it cut my neck. I hear the guy telling me to get the fuck out or I was a dead little white girl, I had my gun on my hip and I draw it out very quickly and told him he would be a dead little black boy if he didn't let go of my seat belt. I drive a few more blocks when I see a well lit gas station pulled over and promptly threw up in the fresh kitty litter the clerk put down on the oil.
    BTW, I still didn't hear the end of it,m but it was at the fact I went down the street I knew better then to take. But a few days later, I wish I did shoot the man, cause he killed an elderly couple. They showed the guys picture on the news when he was arrested
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• nope - but good to have just in case
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 3:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• My SO has - but he has a concealed carry permit. The incident ended without gunfire.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Ok I'm not exactly proud and don't think this is what it should be used for but heres my little story. We were once car jacked at gun point and afterwards my husband (we were only dating at the time) bought a CO2 powered BB gun. It obviously isn't a "real" gun but unless you look closely looks like a real handgun. We kept it in the car, under the seat, just in case. One time I was in a parking lot waiting for a spot and one opened up so I pulled in. Before I got out of the car a trashy young woman came banging on my window screaming that she was following the person that pulled out of the spot I took to their car so she could take it (I had been waiting on one spot for over 10 minutes). Anyway, she got very violent and very vulgar banging on my car threating me to get out so she could "kick my ass". I leaned over and pulled the gun from under my seat and just held it in my lap. She said a few more choice words and walked away.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Good question.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I don't have a gun.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Not exactly...but kind of...when I was a single woman I lived by myself in an apartment..my grandfather had given me an old 22. I was awakened one night by someone banging on my bedroom window yelling to be let in...the idiot kept saying "mama" let me in...after a minute or 2 it dawned on me that it was the idiot son of the lady that lived next door..our windows were beside each other and she was not home. I tried to tell the guy..but he kept banging and pulled the screen off the window. ..he was high or drunk on something and starting to get mad...I pulled the gun from under the bed and told him if he came in I was going to shoot him...during this process I called the police...before they arrived I locked myself in the bathroom.

The police knew I was armed and I knew the moment the came in the apartment..they arrested the fool...his mom was so embarrassed and she moved not long after. I would have shot him though.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I have flashed my cc 2xs. The incident was over.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2013