Why do you have a handgun?

Do you live in a bad area? Were you attacked in the past? Do you have one for a "just in case scenario"?
There is someone from my past that if he ever showed back up in my city,I'd get a gun for protection in a heartbeat. And I wouldn't think twice about blowing his ass away.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't have one right now but if I did I would use it if necessary to protect myself and son. I think of it like this... if someone is trying to break into my home to possibly hurt us then I have that right to protect who all is inside. If the criminal doesn't like it don't come in my house. lol Otherwise, they might not wake up to a new day of crime. :0) Just like the sign says, " We Don't Dial 911!"
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• My dh bought our first gun when I was still so scared of them. He insisted I come to the range to shoot so I finally agreed. I admit its a lot of fun!
    Our primary reason for having is for protection though. For that just in case scenario. I also have my cc permit now.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I don't own a gun, however I would like to. Why? I have always wanted to learn to shoot and handle a gun, just in case I ever came across one and had to use it. I would also like to teach my kids about guns and gun safety. The NRA has an excellent program teaching kids on what to do if they happen across a gun at a friends or a neighbors house. They tell them to leave the room and get a grown up.

Anonymous

• I am trained in martial arts and own guns. I have CC but I do not always carry with me. It depends. I have simply flashed my weapon 2xs and the incident was over. That is good enough for me.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I don't. We still have the bb gun I mentioned in the last question but it hasn't been loaded in years. It sits in a box on the top shelf in our closet. I don't know why we have it anymore. Now that we live out in the country though I really wanna go shoot some bottles!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• We grew up with shotguns in the house cause my father was a hunter but myself or other family members do not own any guns, mostly cause we do not hunt and never thought to have one to protect ourselves.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I don't own a gun & I never have.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• No guns in my house. No one, parents, siblings, extended family and grandparents or great-grandparents ever owned or needed a gun.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Yes, I own well my DH owns several, I have 1 glock .40 cal...so much fun to shoot! My DH is a gunsmith and firearm instructor, and I live
    in what the FBI is calling "one of the most dangerous cities in the nation" again. Flint is actually only has a median income of $27,049—a whopping 46 percent below the national average—and 36 percent of its population living below the poverty line. And GM AGAIN has shut down another plant. Fuckers
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• No, I don't have a gun since I am not a member of a Militia. and you aren't either.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2013