Do you pay someone to do your taxes?

Or do you do them yourself? I am far too cheap to give people money so I file for free online then I print out my state return and mail it in (you can efile federal online free) I refuse to pay someone to do this for me when I can do it myself. Cheapskate party of 1 right here.

BeautyGuru

Asked by BeautyGuru at 3:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Money & Work

• Neither. I beg my daddy to do them and then buy him and my mom dinner. lol

I suck at math, and figuring all that stuff out, and I don't really want to pay someone to do it. But my dad is awesome with numbers and figuring out all that tax stuff, so he doesn't mind doing it for me, and then like I said, I treat him and my mom to dinner (maybe just a homecooked meal, but something they don't have to do) to thank him.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• My brother is a CPA. When i was single he did mine for free, but I would usually get him a gift certificate or something small as a thank you.
    Now my husband does them and my brother answers any questions for free.

Answer by missanc at 3:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Yes,Turbotax

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I've done both. This year I'm straight W-2. I'm contemplating whether or not to pay someone or file myself... so this year I'm doing a test. I ran everything on HRblock to see what it had to say (didn't file), I'm going to pay someone to do them and see if it's ANY different. People swear they get more back by going with a CPA. Time to test this theory out.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• shoot no... I never pay someone to do my taxes. I earned that money so why give more of it away?? lol I tell all that I can not to go to places like H&R because it's highway robbery. I remember a long time ago when I was still married we used them one time and they took out almost 300... wth?? lol I am now smarter because I can do them myself.

It's so easy too even if you don't do them online. I haven't done a paper return in forever but I could still do it if I had to.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Ours are fairly complicated so we have someone do them.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I actually figure them out myself, then we take to a family member who does them for baked goods just to make sure I did not miss anything. So far, he says I could work for him LOL
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I do the Turbo Tax online
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• i pay someone... i have no idea how to and its way to big to make a mistake on
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 4:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• H&RBlock online, its like $15 to file through them, and I've used it for 4 years so they keep all my info and its super easy to update, no changes for us this year so all I'm waiting for is my dh's W2s and then we'll be done in like 15min :D our state ones i do for free on the state website and its a little more confusing but still easy.
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2013