Well my son has a toothache, suggestions for the pain until we get into the dentist?

He has a pretty bad cavity on his back molar, and now it's hurting him. The only available dentist appt I could make is for next week. I gave him motrin for the pain, is there anything else I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Oil of clove, it taste awful, but they make a kit you can buy at the drugstore to put on the tooth, it will take the pain away, It is odd for a child to get such a toothache, unless you have failed to take him to the dentist.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• oragel, vanilla extract, ibuprofen.....
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Oh, it is NOT odd for a child to get a toothache. It happens. Chewing on whole cloves works too. Not the best tasting, but it really does help.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Orajel works on toothaches too.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• we make a ground clove paste. just mix warm water with some ground cloves and put it around the affected area. taste nasty but it it works. truthfully it worked better than orajel on my kids when they were teething.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• ibuprofen and tylenol
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 11:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2014