Help!! Plastic burned on stovetop!

I have one of those flat glass surfaced stove and yesterday after I finished cooking I placed the bread bag on it!!! By accident. It melted instantly .. The stove was off but still hot! I tried taking it off with no luck. I poured cold water to cool it down and try to remove and nothing! Now it's stuck and I don't know what to do, besides scraping it. Any suggestions on who to get it off??

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Home & Garden

• W-D 40 and a razor
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 5:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Magic Eraser! Happened to me a few times & I melted a microwave baby bottle sterilizer too! LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• reheat the whole stove and then wipe down with rag
    razor may scratch surface
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I use a razor blade all the time on my glass top. It has never scratched it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Either scrape it or turn the stove on and burn it off then use that white pasty stuff to take off the scorch (been there done that).
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• "Goof off". I use it on everything. Just make sure the top is cool. If that doesn't work, then try a scouring pad with some gojo. I use that on my smooth top stove after every use, and it's never scratched it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:01 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• If you have that cooktop cleaner stuff that should take it off. I want to say it's by barkeeper's friend? Barkeeper's helper? I'm too lazy to get off the couch and look!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• ehow has several articles.  Here is one.  http://www.ehow.com/how_6543494_remove-plastic-glass-top-stove.html

booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2013