My son dad and i are not together anymore & im not sure if things will ever work out. but today he expressed doesn't want me to go off and get into a relationship w/someone else. h

How can he believe thats ok and isnt that being selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Relationships

• He is being very selfish. It seems like he wants to keep you single cause he doesn't want another man to make you happy and have you forget about him. Also it seems that he likes to control you and is doing so by you obeying his wishes. I would not listen and go be happy with someone else cause he is being a Jerk and no one deserves to be controlled by a S/O.
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 9:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• That is so nuts. But once my ex came over and the gardener (he did not know it was the gardener) and I we talking under a tree about how he should trim the tree. My ex asked our daughter who it was and she in typical kid fashion says, I don't know. I finished talking to the gardener then went up to the house and my ex was crying!! He said how could you just look at me and turn and talk to another man. Now he cheated. We had been divorced for 4 years. He was married and had two kids with his new wife! I was like are you f--king kidding me?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• He does not want any man taking care of his son but its your life your choice, so he cannot stop you from moving on when someone of interest comes your way.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• If you two are not in a relationship anymore. He has no right asking that of you. Why did he ask that of you ?

Answer by louise2 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• It's a machismo thing. He doesn't want anyone else having what he considers his. Meaning you & your child. If you 2 are truly done, then he has no say in how you choose to move on with your life. It's your life to live. As long as he has an active role in your child's life, he has no reason to be insecure about his role as a father.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• It is selfish of him. If he doesn't want you, then he needs to let you find someone that does.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• booklover545- that story made me chuckle- cause I have known those people
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• tell him

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2013