"There were 40,000 AK47 assault rifles, 30,000 further assault rifles, 10,000 9mm pistols and 32 million rounds of ammunition"

Jailed arms dealer sold guns to police and MoD

One small detail - this happened last month in the UK.  Still think tougher gun laws keep guns away?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• "Still think tougher gun laws keep guns away?"

Sure... but only from average law abiding citizens who want to protect themselves.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Of course people think it will prevent it. I have never known a criminal who follows the law ;)
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I would like to add that in reality this whole "gun control" thing is the governments way of putting a band aid on problems until the next issue arises.... It's sort of like, well... actually it is their way of pacifying the public in times of crisis. It's what they do best. I really shudder when I think that so many people believe this is going to work and cure what ails us, so to speak.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Obviously a new law needs to be enacted
    one that makes it illegal to sale weapons while under investigation for illegally selling weapons

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I never did think it would......
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

never did. and i dont think the extreme opposite (no restrictions for guns) will make things better either. guns arent the problem...its certain ppl's use of guns thats the problem.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Makes me wonder who else he was selling them to. Pay to play.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Lol, that's great. When will people learn?
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• This^^^
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Nope but I would give you odds that that arms dealer wasn't planning to supply lawabiding citizens
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2013