Is this a sign I'm sick or getting sick?

I took a couple swigs of moonshine (100 proof) and it burned the he** out of my throat - I usually have no problem drinking the stuff. I've been wondering if DS maybe has strep...is it possible I have it or am getting it, since the alcohol burned so bad?

idareyou

Asked by idareyou at 10:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Health

• IDK, but maybe the alcohol killed whatever was causing the burn. I would think if you had strep you would know without drinking high proof alcohol, but I'm no doctor.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Gosh maybe it is the alcohol burning your throat.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Quinn - I've been feeling fine pretty much, so I'd just be getting it but not feeling it yet.
    book - Like I stated in my question - this stuff hasn't burned my throat before (just my lips lol).
    idareyou

Comment by idareyou (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I think with strep you get a really bad sore throat (without it just burning with alcohol) as well as a cough and sometimes a fever. Maybe look in your throat with a flashlight to see if you have any white spots.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• You'll know if it's strep Ive been told its painful. My throat hurt so bad I couldn't swallow I lost my voice thought maybe this is strep nope lol
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Strep throat comes on pretty fast. I woke up one morning and was completely fine and by early afternoon it hurt to even breathe. And my temp spiked fast. You could have just had a dry throat.
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 9:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Probably just the liquor causing the burning. I had some whiskey & diet coke last week to help me sleep & I have a really sore throat already & it didn't burn. I am getting over the flu & still have a sore throat :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2013