Girls growing up to fast.

So my dd had a daddy daughter dance tonight. K-5th grade. Looking at the girls you seen highlights, mini skirts, high heels, and heavy makeup like cat eyes and smoky eyes.

I guess I have two questions? Do you think little girls are growing up to fast and when did you dds start dressing, wearing make up, get highlights ect?

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 10:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• yeah i do think kids are growing up TOO fast. my dd will not wear a crap load of makeup...when i finally let her wear it, she'll be around 14- 15
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• we did not allow my daughter to wear heels more than about an inch until high school and even then we didn't let her wear them TO school- only for performances and such
    makeup- I allowed in jr high and hair coloring started around age 10 or so-not the whole head, just chunks of temporary color
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• *I was lucky in the fact that my daughter NEVER wanted to wear any kind of revealing clothes- so that was never an issue
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I hate seeing kids 4-5-6 wearing heels and short shorts or skirts at the store (or anywhere else)
    I just shake my head
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• oh..my dd is 6, dosen't wear heels, short anything or makeup....my sil is all like "i can't find longer shorts and skirts for zoey b/c she's so tall" well....my 6 year old is as tall as her 8 year old and i don't have a problem finding skirts and shorts that aren't up to her ass. my dd is a baby and will not dress like a hooched out teenager
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• My oldest is 7.5 and for a recital or something really special I will curl/straighten her hair and let her wear some lip gloss and mascara. I certainly can't imagine letter her do anything that would involve anything revealing or permanent!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• What is odd to me is it is a father daughter dance and dressed older? I would have thought dads to be more uncomfortable with that.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• My oldest dd is 6th grade. She wore makeup to school dances this year for the first time, but it was simple and light. People have asked me for years how much I paid to get her highlights done - they're natural. She got her first pair if 1" heels last summer to wear to church.

Answer by missanc at 9:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Yes. I put an age on everything including wearing heels. If they get to do everything at age 10 in 5th grade what do they have to look forward to? Just sex and pregnancy.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I don't think you can make a blanket statement that girls are growing too fast. I think *some* girls are allowed to act / dress older than they are. I think others are given boundaries and age-appropriate parameters. My DD is 8. She's allowed nail polish and lip balm that may or may not add a slight sheen to her lips. She plays with my (or grandma's) make-up sometimes but she's not ever allowed to leave the house with it on and usually her play is applying it to us, not to herself. No heels above a kid's block heel. Skirts must cover one's behind. Short skirts are worn with thick tights. She'll get highlights when she can afford them herself and she's old enough to drive herself to the salon. She's a natural strawberry blonde, like me. I don't see her getting chemicals applied even when she could get it done herself.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2013