Ughhhhh, I feel like a terrible mom today. My daughter had to go to a CYO conference and at the last minute she didn't want to go and started crying. It was already paid for and I made her go. Have you ever felt this way after making your children follow through on something?

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• Just wait, she will be glad she went, once she is there. You did the right thing and are really giving her good values. My mom pushed me out the door a few times like this and I really appreciate it now. Yes, we all have been in these shoes at some point I think, it is important to follow through and be consistent especially when they are given these opportunities in life.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Feel bad yes. But it's life. When you say yes to something you need to follow through with it. Your teaching her to be responsible and dependable person.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Unless they were sick mine went to whatever they had committed to. Even if it was a sport that lasted another 2 months.
    You do what you committed to and then you do not have to sign up again.

Did she say why?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• Once a commitment is made they need to stick with it. My own daughter was on a basketball team and after 4 weeks decided she hated it and wanted to quit. If I had let her it means the other girls would have suffered because they were already short one girl that broke her foot & that is unfair to the team.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• No I think she is just tired. She has a very hectic academic schedule. I think the social issues of high school have been especially hard this year.
    booklover545

Comment by booklover545 (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2013